Snorkel

Topics and posts relating to the Suzuki SJ

Snorkel

Postby ball172 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:18 pm

ive started making myself a snorkel for the sj. Got the main bit sorted using drain pipe attached to the roll cage and a cone filter on the top plus a couple of elbows to get it under the bonnet.
I have chose to mount it on the passenger side as my bonnet already had a cut out and the battery gets in the way on the drivers side if u dnt wanna cut into the wing.
Problem im having is routing some hoses from the passenger side of the engine bay all the way to the carb. Mine is the SU carb and has no air box which makes it even harder. i will post pics tomoro so u can see what i mean.
Has anyone made there own? Pics? What and where to get the parts?
Any help would be brill.
Cheers
ball172

Re: Snorkel

Postby yknot » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:30 am

Here's mine made with drain pipe.
Attachments
21-11-10_1437.jpg
(247.9 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
yknot

Postby Cy_Zuki » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:41 pm

Not done a snorkel ..yet but i have just fitted a S.U. Mine was off a 1300 metro and came with a 90' inlet adapter so I guess the Metro air filter was on top of the carb. I bought off eblag one of a pair of Rover V8 inlet tubes that fitted the S.U and went out just enough to attach hose. I was forced to reposition my SJ air filter as the pic attached shows (fingers crossed).

Purely by chance, it has ended up in aan ideal spot for a snorkel to exit the engine bay.

Lastly i just bought a s/h snorkel top off Dave from Bits4Vits he obtained via ebay - these are for a defender but will fit the DIY drainpipe.
http://www.southdown4x4.co.uk/index.php ... 0&Itemid=1 I had previously looked at Massey fergusson tractor air intakes on E Bay - very cheap - orange, but cheap. Hope this helps. Geoff
Attachments
Carb2.jpg
Carb2.jpg (78.1 KiB) Viewed 9638 times
Last edited by Cy_Zuki on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cy_Zuki

Postby Cy_Zuki » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:35 am

Have just revisited this post and I see a crappy photo. Is anyone else seeing that?

Mod, if yes, how to I reload the pic - or should I just post up again?
Geoff
Cy_Zuki

Postby uncle muddy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:06 pm

Geoff,

Sorry about this, we had an issue with one of our servers and it has caused a number of photos to become corrupt. If possible can you reload the photo.

UM
UM

Living the lifestyle and the brand name since '06
uncle muddy

Return to SJ