[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
• View topic - Jimny Axels......

Jimny Axels......

Topics and posts relating to the Suzuki Jimny

Jimny Axels......

Postby uncle muddy » Sun May 08, 2011 1:10 pm

Right after trashing a rear axle at KORC it's time to think about what to do next....

Does anyone know what the diff ratio on a Jimny are? and are there different ones?
What sort of size are the shafts? are they 410 size or bigger?

UM
UM

Living the lifestyle and the brand name since '06
uncle muddy

Re: Jimny Axels......

Postby andyw » Sun May 08, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi Rob,

Not been back long from Phil's :angel: :hug: ... :lol: Jimny lives again, Cheers

To be honest mate I aint got a clue, but take a look on Bigjimny, might be something on there or email Martin.................but I think there different diffs.. dont know about the shafts, try Mr. Baloo he know a thing or three :think:

Andy
My Jimny has more flex than me, old bones

Rust Never Sleeps
andyw

Postby suzuki_mad » Sun May 08, 2011 6:11 pm

if a rear jimny axle is anything like the front then you would smash it to bits in a matter of minutes!

my vote is vitara, dont think you would manage to kill one of them!
scuba divers: going down is what we do best!
suzuki_mad

Postby diesel destroyer » Sun May 08, 2011 6:28 pm

I thought Jimny axles were weaker than SJ ones...

As Phil says.. Vitara would be better bet..
Poppa Smurf pimp'd my ride
diesel destroyer

Postby andyw » Sun May 08, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi Rob,

What ever you go for remember Coils are the Future ;) :lol:

Put the axle in the shed for me please, might need one some time :P

Andy

Rust Never Sleeps
andyw

Postby rockwatt » Sun May 08, 2011 7:59 pm

Nooooo not jimny axles there made of edam.
The way you drive a pair of g wagon axles would be more fitting. Then i could boot into a bomb hole and not bust it so quickly.
Rocklobster gears / refurb cases /rockbuckets/SU manifolds/dual transfer boxes/ sj tcase to jimny cradles and speedo drives/
PM me for details
rockwatt

Postby andyw » Sun May 08, 2011 8:05 pm

:lol: , The trouble is, Rob's made of IRON BRU...... :doh: :lol:

Rust Never Sleeps
andyw

Postby scottiej » Mon May 09, 2011 12:24 pm

If you wanty to keep it Suzuki I would go for a Vitara axle but cut down on one side to offset the Diff.

Sammy halfshafts aren't that weak though so I'd just stick another one in and see how long it lasts you before deciding on swapping out the axles. whatever you do don't upgrade to calshiti shafts, from what I've read they are actually no stronger than stock ones.

Just dont stomp that right foot down :lol:
Hillbilly Muddy Truckers
scottiej

Postby rockwatt » Mon May 09, 2011 2:59 pm

Rocklobster gears / refurb cases /rockbuckets/SU manifolds/dual transfer boxes/ sj tcase to jimny cradles and speedo drives/
PM me for details
rockwatt

Postby uncle muddy » Mon May 09, 2011 4:08 pm

Was only an idea as we have a jimny axle in the shed.... now got andys name on it!

I've not managed to bust anything other than a bearing up till now, and haven't look at the damage from KORC so don't know what it is that has bust, but sure it is the shaft. Was thinking of going coils on the backend but not sure, I think it takes some of the fun out of it. Ask that Rockwatt about the size of the stupid grin on his face just before he bust my spring :-D

UM
UM

Living the lifestyle and the brand name since '06
uncle muddy

Return to Jimny